Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Morning Musical Musings

REZ Band  - Gameroom (1984)

The lyrics below describe in very vivid detail a part of my time as a 'troubled teenager'.
Push that button, squeeze that coin
Finger sweating, see the numbers climb
Graphic action, flashing screen
But who is the pilot, and what does it mean

My friends and my foes
My thrills and my woes
They live on
In memory cells, in fantasy wells
We press on and on and on
I am king, king of the gameroom
Here I'm lord, chairman of the board
I am king, king of the gameroom

I got nothing at home
I'm no one at school
The jocks and the rockers
They think I'm a fool
But this is my kingdom
And here I'm the man
No one can touch me
And I can command

So push that button, squeeze that coin
Fingers sweating, see the numbers climb
Graphic action, flashing screen
But who is the pilot, what does it mean

I am trapped
Prisoner in the gameroom
Deep inside I don't know what life's about
I'm a prisoner
A victim of the gameroom
God where are you
Shoe me how to get out
God where are you
Show me how to get out

0 comments:

Post a Comment