Thursday, April 9, 2009

Origins

The title of this blog is in Dutch - it is the words spoken by Martin Luther at the Diet of Worms.

"Hier sta ik, ik kan niet anders... " translated as: "Here I stand. I cannot do otherwise..."


Here us the quote in full:

"Unless I am convicted by scripture and plain reason - I do not accept
the authority of the popes and councils, for they have contradicted each other -
my conscience is captive to the Word of God. I cannot and I will not recant
anything for to go against conscience is neither right nor safe.
Here I stand. I cannot do otherwise. God help me.
Amen."


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I had been wondering. So you are a fellow reformed blogger then?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed - it took some time but He has 'subdued my heart into teachableness'.

    Blogging has been on hiatus as I have been traveling to catch up with the Botkin's and co.

    ReplyDelete